Re: Why Single Inheritance Restriction?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 76 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 76 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Richard Kelsey <kelsey@xxxxxxx> writes:

>    From: Michael Sperber <sperber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>    Cc: srfi-76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>    Richard Kelsey <kelsey@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
>    > In some particular order?
>
>    No---at least the current draft doesn't specify one, keeping with
>    Scheme's tradition here.
>
> Actually, it does give an order.  "Parent init expressions, if any,
> are evaluated before child init expressions."

Yes, but there's no order specified within, I think.

> It depends on whether or not the 'init' expressions count
> as initializing the records.

Yes.  And every field has a defined <init expression>, whether
implicit or explicit.

> By the way, in what context are the <constructor argument>s in
>
>   (parent <parent name> <constructor argument> *)
>
> evaluated?  Specifically, do they have any access to the values
> passed to the subtype constructor?

Not directly, no.  The context is that of the <formals> list.  I guess
this should be clarified.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike