Re: Why Single Inheritance Restriction?

Richard Kelsey <kelsey@xxxxxxx> writes:

> It's clear how multiple inheritance works with the predicates.
> How it works with the initializers isn't so obvious.  For that
> matter, I am not sure how the initializers work for single
> inheritance.  Are the supertype initializers called?

Yes.  The PARENT clause provides arguments for the supertype
construction procedure's parameters.  (Re-reading the spec, the
difference between "constructor" and "construction procedure" could
probably be made clearer.)

> In some particular order?

No---at least the current draft doesn't specify one, keeping with
Scheme's tradition here.

> What are the semantics of a partially initialized record?

I don't think there's a way to get one.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike