Problem with type inference

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 76 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 76 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I would like to point out that, with a primitive procedural interface, static type inference becomes hard. Indeed, if record types are values constructed at runtime, it is hard to see how much useful type inference can be done without some kind of partial evaluation.

In a previous post, I suggested dropping the syntactic layers. Another possibility, more type-friendly, would be to drop everything but (a simplicication of) the explicit-naming syntactic layer.

Cheers
Andre