Update to SRFI 72

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 72 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 72 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

An update has been posted to the SRFI-72 draft. The editor has kindly agreed to extend the draft period until September 20th.

Substantive changes:
====================

* Added section on reflective tower:

  "The proposed macro system has an infinite reflective tower. In contrast with
  comparable macro systems, the hygiene algorithm implements a refinement of
  lexical scoping that takes into account the level of use of an identifier in
  determining its meaning."

* Added BEGIN-FOR-SYNTAX.

* Added SYNTACTIC-WIND.

* Removed EXPAND.

Minor changes:

* Simplified example in introduction.

* Shortened discussion and changed examples in "improved hygiene" section.

Regarding opaque syntax objects:

No clear consensus on this issue has emerged from the discussion so far. Various good arguments have been made on both sides of the issue. Possibly there may just be more than one right way of designing this. Possibly there does exist a consensus in the wider community, but I can only make a judgment on the basis of those who participate in the discussion. In the current absence of a consensus against doing so among those participants, I am keeping the interface unchanged, for now.

Regards
Andre