Re: question on the opaque syntax object debate

Andrew Wilcox <awilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm excited to see the unification which allows the standard list
> procedures (CAR, CDR, CONS) to work on syntax objects while retaining
> hygiene.

Just out of curiosity---from this statement, and more like it on this
list, I'm getting the vague impression that people regard using lists
to represent compound syntax as something new.  (Of course, Scheme
macro systems have been doing that forever.)  Am I misunderstanding
the vibes here?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike