Re: Namespaces

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:

Andre van Tonder <andre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

For each identifier, the expander needs to keep track of its binding
at all different levels of the syntactic tower.

I would say: for each level of the syntactic tower, the expander needs
to keep track of bindings of all identifiers there.

Certainly. What I meant is that when a macro introduces an identifier, it does not know at what syntactic level the identifier will be used in the completely expanded expression. So it has to attach all the possible bindings as part of the representation of the identifier.

Cheers
Andre