hygiene when using multiple instances of a macro..?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 72 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 72 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I'm sorry that I'm not smart enough to glean this from the spec /
implementation and I don't currently have any place to test the
implementation on, so I must ask:

Rewrite-based identifier systems are often vulnerable to situations
where the same definition is used multiple times in the same rewriting
context.  For example, if one has a macro that gets another macro as
input (is this possible in the system?) and contains some free variable,
and you give it as input to itself, is the outer instance of the macro
able to capture the free variable of the inner instance of the macro?

I'm sorry if this question makes no sense; as I said, I was not able to
understand how exactly this proposed macro system works.

Panu

--
personal contact: atehwa@xxxxxx, +35841 5323835, +3589 85619369
work contact: pkalliok@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, +35850 3678003