Re: Nitpick with FLOOR etc.

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 70 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 70 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

 | Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:30:02 -0500
 | From: Alan Watson <a.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 |
 | >Also, is the prefixed `x' for exact; wouldn't `e' be more
 | >Schemely?
 |
 | Wouldn't exact-foo and inexact-foo be more in keeping with other
 | R5RS procedure names?  After all, we swallowed
 | call-with-current-continuation.

Yes.

Looking for simple "convenience function" precedents in R5RS, the only
ones which come to mind are NEWLINE and REMAINDER.  NEWLINE was a poor
idea, as it removed motivation for specifying a method to code
newlines in literal string constants.  REMAINDER needs only -, *, and
QUOTIENT.

(inexact->exact (truncate x)) is shorter than
call-with-current-continuation, so I will pass on adding them to
SRFI-70.