Re: My suggestions to the R6RS committee about numerics

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 70 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 70 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Bradley Lucier wrote:
First, I think that the suggestions in this SRFI are more aptly directed to the editors of R6RS than to the editors of SRFIs.

I think the R6RS editors are watching the SRFI process closely (the editor of this SRFI is an R6RS editor after all). By developing proposals as SRFIs hopefully some of the burden can be alleviated from the R6RS editors, who can simply pull out a mature and well discussed proposal from the process. Also, it gives the community more opportunity for feedback. Several of Aubrey Jaffer's recent SRFIs have been motivated by hoping to improve R6RS, and the SRFI editors are thankful for this work.

David