hash-table-*/default (Re: SRFI 69 update)

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 69 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 69 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 12:18:55AM +0100, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
> [proposed text]
>   Procedure: hash-table-ref/default hash-table key default -> value
>
>   Behaves as if defined by
>   (define (hash-table-ref/default ht key default-value)
>     (hash-table-ref ht key (lambda () default-value)))
> [end proposed text]

How about "behaves as if it evaluates to"?

By the way, I got no comments to the suggestion that there would be
hash-table-ref* or hash-table-ref/thunk with the current behaviour of
hash-table-ref, and a _macro_ hash-table-ref that expands to the
lambda-wrapped version.  It this alternative, saying hash-table-ref
would really be equivalent (linguistically equivalent, not value
equivalent) to the lambda-wrapped version.

Panu

--
personal contact: atehwa@xxxxxx, +35841 5323835, +3589 85619369
work contact: panu.kalliokoski@xxxxxxxxxxx, +35850 3678003