Re: hash for eq?

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 12:17:11AM -0700, Per Bothner wrote:
> Should the reference implementation of make-hash-table be
> modified so the default hash function for eq? is hash-by-identity?
> I.e. add in the obvious place:

In the reference implementation, this does not help any, because it has
(define hash-by-identity hash).  If hash-by-identity were provided as a
primitive, then yes, it would make sense.  So it's just a question of
whether we can trust Scheme implementors that use the SRFI code
_partially_ to notice this particular thing.

Panu

--
personal contact: atehwa@xxxxxx, +35841 5323835, +3589 85619369
work contact: panu.kalliokoski@xxxxxxxxxxx, +35850 3678003