provided for compatibility

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 69 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 69 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Regarding the "provided for compatibility" aliases...

    hash-table-ref     === hash-table-get
    hash-table-set!    === hash-table-put!
    hash-table-delete! === hash-table-remove!

I think aliases like this are more appropriate in a library than in a
SRFI.

Currently, the SRFI draft would require all complying Scheme
implementations to support multiple names for the same operation, which
seems a little odd ("call/cc" notwithstanding).

I'd lean towards having the SRFI specify only one name per operation,
and having the Scheme implementations and user code comply with that.

--
                                             http://www.neilvandyke.org/