Final rites before split

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 68 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 68 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I've checked in what's hopefully the last revision of the I/O SRFI
into

http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-68/

Changes:

- added TRANSCODE-INPUT-PORT! and TRANSCODE-OUTPUT-PORT!
  (These allow you to, say, read some BOM or something from the
  beginning of a port in "binary mode" and then determine the txt
  encoding.)

- rename CALL-WITH-OUTPUT-BLOB to CALL-WITH-BLOB-OUTPUT-PORT and
  CALL-WITH-OUTPUT-STRING to CALL-WITH-STRING-OUTPUT-PORT for
  consistency.

- added FILE-OPTIONS as an (optional) argument to the various
  file-opening procedures for input
  (These don't do anything in the context of the SRFI, but there may
  be platform-specific extensions.)

- made the FILE-OPTIONS arguments optional everywhere

- a numb er of typo fixes

Meanwhile, I've split the SRFI into four parts which will hopefully
appear soon at a SRFI web site near you.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike