[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: more on finalization issue, and reference implementation
Per Bothner <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> It would be much appreciated if you could split it up.
Could you suggest a division?
I see four parts immediately:
- primitive layer (including the basic condition hierarchy)
- streams layer (including making transcoder codecs from translators)
- ports layer (including making ports from readers and writers)
- stream ports
The tricky bit is what to do about the transcoders, which are shared
between the stream layer and the ports layer. Choices are:
- separate SRFI (but not useful independently)
- put it in the primitive layer (but we can't do anything with them
- put them in the streams layer (but that means the ports layer
depends on the streams layer)
- put them in both the streams layer and the ports layer (but, if
there's a 1:1 correspondence between modules and SRFIs, this may
cause pragmatics difficulties)
If we're just talking about different modules, clearly the transcoders
should be separate.
Cheers =8-} Mike
Friede, Völkerverständigung und überhaupt blabla