Re: more on finalization issue, and reference implementation

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 68 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 68 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Shiro Kawai <shiro@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Does the runtime system do it automatically upon program
> termination?

Depends on what you mean by automatic.  It needs to be triggered
explicitly, but it happens, for example, when you type ,exit in the
REPL or a SRFI-22-style script finishes running.

> In such a case, I guess you should have a weak table to keep a set
> of opened ports, right?

No, it remembers which ports still have buffers that need flushing.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike