Re: more on finalization issue, and reference implementation

Shiro Kawai <shiro@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Does the runtime system do it automatically upon program
> termination?

Depends on what you mean by automatic.  It needs to be triggered
explicitly, but it happens, for example, when you type ,exit in the
REPL or a SRFI-22-style script finishes running.

> In such a case, I guess you should have a weak table to keep a set
> of opened ports, right?

No, it remembers which ports still have buffers that need flushing.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike