Re: Specification vs. Implementation

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 68 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 68 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Alex Shinn <alexshinn@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Yes, exactly.  But R5RS ports built on native ports can offer high performance.

Not as high as the primitive I/O layer.

>> Can you show me how the C library does it?  I can't find it offhand.
>
> See the O_DIRECT option to open(2).

But this is about cache at the OS level (at least that's what the
FreeBSD man page says), not buffering at the C library level, which
deals with FILE* descriptors.  What does this have to do with seeking?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike