Re: finalize or withdraw?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 68 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 68 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Per Bothner <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Let me emphasize again: It is essential that open-output-file
> create a file using the same encoding that the rest of my
> environment expects.  I should be able to open the file
> using my default editor.  If I cat/type/view the file, my
> terminal should display the correct glyphs, and not be garbled.

I don't think that's possible in general; it sure doesn't work on my
Windows box.  I also don't consider this essential.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike