Re: Minor comments

These are excellent comments all---many thanks!

Most of what you suggest will be in the next revision.  Some comments:

Amir Livne Bar-On <amirlb@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> open-file-reader+writer is not specified to return results equivalent to
> open-file-reader and open-file-writer. Is this intentional?

Yes.  It may not be possible to call OPEN-FILE-READER and
OPEN-FILE-WRITER on the same file, because the underlying platform
(Windows does this) enforces exclusive access.  I'll add a note
explaining this.

> More documentation on open-u8vector-writer and writer-u8vector is called
> for. At the very least, create a little section that states explicitly
> that the created writer uses a private buffer that is unshared with
> writer-u8vector's result (if these are indeed the semantics).

It does say "newly allocated."  However, the description of
OPEN-U8VECTOR-READER was lacking in exactly this respect---will fix.

> This is a great I/O framework.

Thanks for the praise!

> I wish I knew more, and could comment
> on the real, technical issues. That said, I'm a little worried about
> the octets vs. bits decision -- there is a use for bitwise I/O.

Sure.  But note bitwise I/O could be added in an orthogonal fashion to
the current API---I see nothing that would actually need to be changed
per se.  (Of course, this would have significant impact on the
implementation, but that's a different story.)

--
Cheers =8-} Mike