Revision of SRFI 68 available

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 68 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 68 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I've checked in a revision of SRFI 68:

http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-68/

This is meant to incorporate most of the suggestions people have made:

- I've made the procedures in the Imperative I/O layer consistent with
  those in the Stream I/O layer, as per Taylor Campbell's suggestion:

  o The ports argument is now mandatory and always come first.
  o The ports procedures now correspond directly with the stream
    procedures.
  o The CURRENT-xxx-PORT procedures are gone; STANDARD-xxx-PORT
    procedures were added.
  o The OPEN-xxx procedures were renamed consistently with the streams
    layer.
  o END-OF-STREAM? was renamed to STREAM-EOF?, EOF? was renamed to
    PORT-EOF?

- The translator for an output stream now gets called on every flush,
  as per Shiro Kawai's suggestion.

- The update form for transcoder was splitt off from the TRANSCODER
  form the the UPDTAE-TRANSCODER form.

- The SRFI clarifies that file option objects and transcoder objects
  may carry platform-specific extensions.

- Other minor changes.

Many thanks everybody for posting suggestions; they were extremely
helpful.

I haven't switched the SRFI from octet vectors to blobs yet.  I intend
to do that with the next revision.  If you think I shouldn't, please
let me know.

(Of course, if you think other changes should be made, let me know,
too.)

--
Cheers =8-} Mike