Re: finishing output translating stream

Shiro Kawai <shiro@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Another practical (although slightly outdated) example:
> A command-line interactive application which prompts the user
> input.  The cliche for the application to print the prompt would
> be something like this:
>
>   (begin (display *prompt*) (flush-output-port))

That's pretty convincing.  (Again, thanks for bearing with me!  I
don't know anything about these arcane encodings, and I'm grateful
you're explaining the details.)

If we were to provide what you're asking for, would we need to
distinguish between flush and close?  (Close does a flush.)  I'm
assuming no.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike