Re: finishing output translating stream

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 68 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 68 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Shiro Kawai <shiro@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Is there any way for <translate-proc> of make-translated-output-stream
> to know if the translated output stream is flushed or closed?

Presently, no.  I understand your motivation for wanting to know when
it's closed (many thanks for the elaborate explanation!)---could you
elaborate on why it's also important on flush?  (After all, the
underlying stream may also flush at just about any time.)

As for closing---do you have any suggestion on API?  I guess the
easiest thing would be to also provide a "close" procedure along with
the "translate" procedure.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike