Re: finishing output translating stream

Shiro Kawai <shiro@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Is there any way for <translate-proc> of make-translated-output-stream
> to know if the translated output stream is flushed or closed?

Presently, no.  I understand your motivation for wanting to know when
it's closed (many thanks for the elaborate explanation!)---could you
elaborate on why it's also important on flush?  (After all, the
underlying stream may also flush at just about any time.)

As for closing---do you have any suggestion on API?  I guess the
easiest thing would be to also provide a "close" procedure along with
the "translate" procedure.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike