Re: vector compare

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 67 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 67 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Sebastian Egner <sebastian.egner@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> This is in contrast to the point of view we have taken for this SRFI:
> There are two abstract data types called VECTOR and LIST, where
> VECTOR is specified by a SIZE procedure and a REF procedure
> (e.g. constant-time random access finite-length sequences) and
> LIST is specified by procedures EMPTY?, HEAD and TAIL (e.g.
> unbounded finite stacks).

But you're omitting a detail here, which is that REF is specified in
terms of natural numbers, which have inductive structure, which could
be used to justify choosing the list order.  Of course, this is
far-fetched, but that, to my mind, also holds for vector comparison
you picked.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike