Relation to sorting

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 67 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 67 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Hello.

Some might have found the reference to the SRFI-32 archive, which contains some
arguments in favor of 3-way comparisons.  My question is: when we have a better
basis for comparison by way of SRFI-67, would it become easier to revive the
withdrawn SRFI-32 as SRFI-68 (Sorting with compare procedures?) or similar?  Or
is the relationship between comparison and sorting so close that some version of
SRFI-32 should become part of SRFI-67?  I guess I know the answer I will get :-)
Nevertheless I wanted to raise this issue.

Greetings
Sven

P.S.
I will not create any new threads today, I promise :-)