Revision of SRFI 66 available

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 66 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 66 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

... at the usual place:

http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-66/

I've incorporated pretty much everyone's suggestions---many thanks!

Also, the poll's in, and came out in favor of "u8vector" (runner-up
was "octet vector," followed by "byte vector"), so I've made the
change.  As a small compensation for the fans of "octet," I've used
that term in the SRFI text itself, specifically its title.

Note that some votes were sent to me by private email---if anyone
thinks I rigged the results (from the outcome, it should be clear that
I haven't :-) ), contact me privately, and I'll give you more
information.

I'd like to finalize this soon---please let me know if you have any
more suggestions om how to improve the SRFI.

BTW, I'm no longer convinced this SRFI is the optimal basis for
specifying binary block I/O operations (even though it's definitely
useful)---I intend to work on the "blob" idea and see if anything
useful comes out of that.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike