Re: an alternative idea for general binary vectors

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 66 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 66 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Taylor> I'm just throwing this idea out there, however, somewhat in response to
Taylor> the objections raised about inconsistency with SRFI 4, not suggesting
Taylor> that this SRFI be changed to this new idea.  Does this idea have merit,
Taylor> or am I missing something important about it?

It's an intriguing idea.  However, note that as soon as you move
beyond bytes (octets, whatever) you get into endianness issues.  These
can be solved, but probably either complicate the API or compromise
efficiency to a degree.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike