SRFI-64 update

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 64 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 64 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I've finally managed to move forwards on SRFI-64, and have made major
changes to both the implementation and specification:
- More and better-specified test-runner call-back functions.
- A specication and implementation of 'test-result' properties.
- A much-improved default test-runner (test-runner-simple), which
now includes all of the functionality of the old Kawa test framework.
- I converted one of the Kawa test programs to this new framework.
- Creating a GROUP-NAME.log file.

In addition, Alex Shinn provided some patches to provide better support
on Chicken, Gauche, Guile and SISC.  Unfortunately, I may have broken
these, and I'd like to ask people for help with portability.

For example, there is a large cond-expand starting at line 597.
The 'kawa branch makes uses of syntax-case to quite the entire
test-form, and extract set the 'source-form result property.
It appears my use of syntax-case is non-portable - at least I couldn't
get it to work under Guile, because of quoting problems.  Perhaps
someone more familiar with macrology could help?

The latest version is temporarily on my own site:
http://per.bothner.com/scm-testing.html
http://per.bothner.com/testing.scm
I'll ask the editors to install it - though I think it makes sense to
wait a few says so perhaps we can improve its portability a bit first.

The testing.scm file *does* work under Guile, so it should be at least
minimally portable.  However, the resulting log is a bit thin.
--
	--Per Bothner