Re: "Test results"

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Per Bothner wrote:

A test runner maintains a set of "result properties" associated with
the current or most recent test.  (I.e. the properties of the
most recent test are available as long as a new test hasn't started.)

Each property has a name (a symbol) and a value (any value).
Some properties are standard or set by the implementation.

We should clarify the semantics of attempting to set a standard property. For example, is it legal to set the 'kind property? Would that cause test-runner-pass-count and friends to be adjusted? What about setting the 'kind property before the test has completed?

And anyway, what is the value of the 'kind property for a test that is in progress? I supposed it would just not be set.

-- Donovan Kolbly                    (  d.kolbly@xxxxxxxxxxx
				     (  http://www.rscheme.org/~donovan/