Re: SRFI 62: S-expression comments (fwd)

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 62 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 62 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

send messages to srfi-62@.

> Why bother with SRFI'ing this?  Given that the R6RS committee (first item under
> Additional Extensions, on page 2 of
> http://www.schemers.org/Documents/Standards/Charter/2004-10-13.pdf) has already
> examined and approved this item for the next standard, I believe it's
> distracting and pointless.

I didn't notice that S-expression comments were to be in R6RS already,
but R6RS is at least a year away, and I think it is better to have
things already in SRFIs before R6RS is released, so the transition to
R6RS will be slightly easier.  I'm not sure why you felt this comment
any less pointless than the SRFI itself anyway: if you don't have any
objections to it, it will be finalized anyway.  (If you do have some
objections to it, the R6RS committees might pay attention.)