Re: another operation

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 60 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 60 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Hi,

> P.S. Just for information, here is the specification of the Bitset
> (BSET) data type I use.  It turned out to be useful, convenient, and
> complete for its purpose (which is of course only one of the
> potential applications of bit-twiddling):

You may be interested in the following portable library which provides
a compact representation of integer sets and an API matching the full
SRFI-14 (one of the primary uses of this was to represent character
sets).

  http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/eggs/iset.html

Although it's implemented using bit operations, what you describe is a
set of integers, so in the above library they are called isets.

--
Alex