Re: alternative SRFIs for string ports

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 6 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 6 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

>I think that all three interfaces to string ports (SLIB/Kawa/Guile,
>MacScheme/Chez/MzScheme/Larceny/..., and Gambit) should be SRFIs,
>but should be separate SRFIs.

For the record, MacScheme and Larceny do not have the same string-port
interface as Chez Scheme, because the latter clears the string output
port when the string is gotten, that is, its GET-OUTPUT-STRING is really
GET-OUTPUT-STRING-AND-RESET.  I guess that is another variation to
handle as a small SRFI.

--lars