Re: Floating-point formats and standards

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 58 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 58 are here. Eventually, the entire history will be moved there, including any new messages.

 | Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 04:36:07 -0800
 | From: "Bradd W. Szonye" <bradd+srfi@xxxxxxxxxx>
 |
 | Aubrey Jaffer wrote:
 | > SRFI-47 is about fixed-size number representations, not about type
 | > declaration.  Here are the defaulting rules from SRFI-47's replacement
 | > (submitted today) ....
 |
 | These rules look reasonable. I'm guessing that SRFI 58 will also use
 | them; is that correct?

I moved all discussion of precision into SRFI-63.  Was that too
radical?