Re: Update available-- possibly last before finalization

Andre van Tonder wrote:
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Felix Winkelmann wrote:

Andre van Tonder wrote:

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Felix Winkelmann wrote:

From what my experiments show the current SRFI-57 reference implementation does *not* work on systems that provide a non-generative SRFI-9, or non-
generative native records.

I'm not sure why that should be. Would you mind saying a bit more on this?

Here a simple implementation of SRFI-9, using syntax-case:

[code snipped]

Hi Felix,

The following modification of your code works, but is generative, and so probably misses the point of what you were trying to achieve. To get nongenerativity, the underlying SRFI-9-like interface should probably be passed an extra identifier to be used as tag, instead of creating a unique tag as done below.

Thanks, this works, but (as you remark) doesn't help with the generative/
non-generative issue. Well, I'll ponder over this a little more...

cheers,
felix