Re: Update available-- possibly last before finalization

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Felix Winkelmann wrote:

From what my experiments show the current SRFI-57 reference implementation
does *not* work on systems that provide a non-generative SRFI-9, or non-
generative native records.

I'm not sure why that should be. Would you mind saying a bit more on this?

I haven't understood your code well enough to say whether it's too difficult
to handle generative and non-generatve records, but if you say so I
accept that. It would just be a handy thing to have. Having only generative
records makes it just impossible to use the constructor macros in a
separate compilation model, AFAICT.

I agree and I think it would be a good idea to change the paragraph describing generativity, currently just copied from SRFI-9, to acknowledge that the notion of generativity should be adapted in the presence of modules or separate compilation. The precise mechanism would currently probably depend on the details of the module/separate compilation model of the implmementation, but will presumably be fixed in R6RS.

Regards
Andre