Update

An updated version should appear soon.  I have made the following changes:

  - I have dropped the mutability/immutability distinction
  - I have removed subtyping from define-record-type and added
    define-record-scheme for encoding polymorphism.  Type schemes
    are similar to Java interfaces or Haskell typeclasses.
  - Minor changes in syntax of record-compose.
  - I have based the implementation on SRFI-9 records.
  - Using a technique borrowed from Taylor Campbell's syntax-rules
    tutorial, which I dub meta-quasiquotation, I was able to
    dramatically simplify the implementation and dramatically
    increase its readability.  It should now be almost trivial to
    port to your favourite low-level macro system.

Andre