Re: propositions, oppositions, and some minor details

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 57 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 57 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

bear wrote:

Since as far as I know every serious record system out there is
implemented as an underlying vector,

Then I guess your knowledge is lacking, unless you by "vector" mean
"adressable memory".

Kawa records are built on Java classes.  I assume others are
equivalent to C structs.  Neither are "vectors", since they're not
indexable (at the Scheme or Java or portable C level).

Kava has define-simple-class and define-class forms that allow you
to define records/classes whose fields are non-objects (unboxed)
and of differing sizes.
--
	--Per Bothner