Re: propositions, oppositions, and some minor details

bear wrote:

Since as far as I know every serious record system out there is
implemented as an underlying vector,

Then I guess your knowledge is lacking, unless you by "vector" mean
"adressable memory".

Kawa records are built on Java classes.  I assume others are
equivalent to C structs.  Neither are "vectors", since they're not
indexable (at the Scheme or Java or portable C level).

Kava has define-simple-class and define-class forms that allow you
to define records/classes whose fields are non-objects (unboxed)
and of differing sizes.
--
	--Per Bothner