Re: propositions, oppositions, and some minor details

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 57 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 57 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Andre van Tonder wrote:

>Thanks, Bear,
>
>On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, bear wrote:

>> I'd prefer the reflection operator to be RECORD->LIST or
>> RECORD->VECTOR though.  The aggregation of things returned is
>> probably not going to make a coherent program expression; it
>> should be expressed as data instead, and the name of the
>> operator should reflect that.
>
>Noted (although I did think the term sexpr has wider use than just for
>program expressions).  Reflection is probably the weakest part of the SRFI
>and I am open to suggestions for improvement.

Well, I think of "sexpr", actually, as implying that what it returns
is a string, containing the surface syntax of an expression.

And I don't think returning a string is useful.  We want a list, or a
vector.

Since as far as I know every serious record system out there is
implemented as an underlying vector, I think RECORD->VECTOR would be
more natural to implement and more useful to work with.

				Bear