Re: propositions, oppositions, and some minor details

Thanks, Bear,

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, bear wrote:

I agree totally;  Ideas of "encapsulation" meaning you can't get
at stuff are silly in the first place unless you start by assuming
the programmer is stupid.  And this is a Lisp.  Let's not assume
that a Lisp programmer is too stupid to know when not to use
reflection.

I will resist the temptation to state my opinion on this ancient flame-war issue on this forum :).

I'd prefer the reflection operator to be RECORD->LIST or
RECORD->VECTOR though.  The aggregation of things returned is
probably not going to make a coherent program expression; it
should be expressed as data instead, and the name of the
operator should reflect that.

Noted (although I did think the term sexpr has wider use than just for program expressions). Reflection is probably the weakest part of the SRFI and I am open to suggestions for improvement.

Andre