Re: finalize or withdraw?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 56 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 56 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On 8/19/05, Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> An assembler does not write strings "within the binary data".

I'm generalizing here.  Note the proposed solutions mention
specific encodings.  The point being we need to somehow
or other move from a Scheme string object to the serialized
sequence of bytes and vice versa.  As is, SRFI-56 does not
allow this.

--
Alex