Re: update: can you pass the SRFI-56 challenge?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 56 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 56 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On 8/19/05, Matthias Radestock <matthias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, thanks for the detailed comments on SISC.

> SISC's character i/o is unicode-based. That makes the byte i/o
> operations in the reference implementation behave incorrectly. SISC does
> support binary i/o, and it is necessary (and possible, but not as easy
> as it should be) to implement these operations in terms of that.

I was using SISC's binary I/O procedures assuming that would make
read-char etc. behave on octet values (Latin-1).  This was necessary
to pass the integer tests, which failed before.  Is this the wrong approach?
I don't see how the integer tests could have passed if read-char was
assuming any other encoding.

--
Alex