Re: Truth in advertising

Hi Felix,

> If we restrict ourselves to SRFIs that can be implemented on any R5RS
> system without changes, we would get nowhere.

I'm not suggesting that we should restrict ourselves to SRFIs that can
be implemented using only R5RS features. Neither am I suggesting that we
limit ourselves to SRFIs that can be implemented on all "common" Schemes
(although it may be a good idea). Sorry if I've not been clear.

However, I think it would be reasonable to explicitly state in the SRFI
document whether a SRFI (a) can be implemented using only R5RS features;
(b) can be implemented in all common Schemes using non-R5RS features; or
(c) cannot be implemented in all common Schemes.

Obviously, "all common Schemes" is open to interpretation, but it should
certainly include Scheme48, and so, in the spirit of full disclosure,
SRFI-55 should include a statement along the lines of (c).

Regards,

Alan
--
Dr Alan Watson
Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica UNAM