Re: Truth in advertising

Alan Watson wrote:
Hi Felix,
I suggest adding a prominent warning to the SRFI-55 document saying:

  This SRFI cannot be supported by all Schemes. Therefore, by using it
  you are restricting the portability of your code.

Users and implementors would then be able to form an opinion of SRFI-55
without having to wade through the discussion archive.
You say you like the idea of "letting the market decide"; think of this
as a "truth in advertising" clause that gives the market the information
it needs to decide wisely.

An interesting proposal. I will add something like this to the document.
Thanks.

cheers,
felix