Re: Truth in advertising

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 55 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 55 are here. Eventually, the entire history will be moved there, including any new messages.

Alan Watson wrote:
Hi Felix,
I suggest adding a prominent warning to the SRFI-55 document saying:

  This SRFI cannot be supported by all Schemes. Therefore, by using it
  you are restricting the portability of your code.

Users and implementors would then be able to form an opinion of SRFI-55
without having to wade through the discussion archive.
You say you like the idea of "letting the market decide"; think of this
as a "truth in advertising" clause that gives the market the information
it needs to decide wisely.

An interesting proposal. I will add something like this to the document.
Thanks.

cheers,
felix