Re: A liitle note on the side

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Alex Shinn wrote:

> I thought the "million line programs" discussion was useful.  Anything
> that big clearly needs dynamic-require, a superset of require.  It
> seems the Scheme48 module system is the one that needs to prove itself
> here.

Scheme48 has controlled & well-abstracted dynamic manipulation of the
module system.  DYNAMIC-REQUIRE is rather uncontrolled, inhibits
compilers in just the same way that LOAD does, and doesn't allow for
the same kind of first-class module system manipulation that Scheme48
does, so I think Scheme48 can be considered pretty well 'proven' in
this regard.