Re: Truth in advertising

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Alan Watson wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
> I suggest adding a prominent warning to the SRFI-55 document saying:
>
>   This SRFI cannot be supported by all Schemes. Therefore, by using it
>   you are restricting the portability of your code.

No, this isn't quite enough; otherwise such a notice would apply to, as
Felix tried to use against me previouisly, SRFI 21, the SRFI for real-
time multithreading.  The notice also ought to mention that it's just
_this_particular_ realization of feature constructs that can't be
supported in all Schemes, and that there exist other mechanisms that
would work perfectly fine.