<show> parameter

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 54 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 54 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

From: soo <tilde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: a preface
Date: 25 Mar 2004 21:33:24 +0900

>  * From: David Van Horn <dvanhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> FMT needs only display and write.

I might want to pass write-with-shared-structure (srfi-38),
in case if object has circular reference.  Or to pass
my own version of write, which uses special formatting for
certain objects, suitable for my application.

I don't see what fmt gains by limiting <show> parameter to
display and write.

--shiro