Re: Comments and some bugs

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 54 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 54 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

soo wrote:

 * From: Jens Axel Søgaard <jensaxel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 * Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:17:32 +0100
 * Subj: Comments and some bugs

Thank you for your comments.

   - the name OBJECT->STRING is more "Schemy"
     (it's pretty long though)
Yes, it's too long.

   - I find the name of the parameter DEPTH in the documentation
     confusing. (It makes me think in two dimensional output)
How about 'precision'?

Precision is much better.

    where a negative number is truncated:
      > (fmt -1.55555 3 2)
      "-1.54"
Yes, it's a bug.
I've corrected it.

After pasting SRFI 51 into the top and defining EVERY
(called ANDMAP) in DrScheme, I got the following interaction:

> (fmt -1.55555 3 2)
"-1.56"

> (fmt -5.0 0 #\space 10 + 'e)
. fmt: exact number cannot have a decimal point
10 depth (and depth (eq? exactness (quote e)))    ; Why not?

> (fmt -5 0 #\space 10 + 'e)
. fmt: exact number cannot have a decimal point 10 depth (and depth (eq? exactness (quote e)))

> (fmt 1/2 0 #\space 10 +)
"+0.5000000000"

> (fmt 1/2)
"1/2"

> (fmt 1/2 5)
"  1/2"

> (fmt 1/2 5 0)
"   1."            ; Huh?

> (fmt -1 10 0)
"       -1."       ; Is this on purpose?

> (fmt 1/2 5 2)
" 0.50"

> (fmt 1/2 5 2 10)
. fmt: bad argument (10) (null? (10))  ; strange error messages

> (fmt 1/2 5 2 #\space 10)
. fmt: bad argument (10) (null? (10))

--
Jens Axel Søgaard