Re: a preface

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 54 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 54 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

soo <tilde@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Dear all,

> The current uploaded draft is old one.

SRFI-54 at srfi.schemers.org is now up to date.  Sorry about the
delay.  I uploaded the one in your preface, except for this note:

> A Note:
> I am on neither "format strings are wrong" side nor "format strings are right"
> side, and indeed have no knowledge to infer it.  I am only a Scheme consumer.
> I've used FORMAT because of its functions such as left and right padding of
> numbers or strings and expressing the precision of number.  As I thought the
> function of the current SRFI's FORMAT was a little insufficient (such as right
> padding), and the `former' side had not provided a real thing for Scheme
> users, I submitted this proposal.
> While defining the new procedure (FMT), I felt that the problem was handling
> its optional arguments, and REST-VALUES (a prodecure in SRFI-51 that I had
> submitted) was insufficient and inappropriate.  So I appended the third mode
> of operation to the function of REST-VALUES, and submitted the revised SRFI-51
> to SRFI editors.  If the revised SRFI-51 is finalized, I'll substitute
> REST-VALUES for OPT-VALUES which is a temporary and accessory procedure for
> handling rest list (optional arguments).

Best regards,
--Francisco