Re: char-whitespace?

On Monday 16 February 2004 12:01 am, Paul Schlie wrote:
> (over all, it's interesting that possibly in lieu of worrying about any
> specific character-sets, it may be more productive to define the presumed
> display semantics of a more abstract language/platform dependant
> character-set,  ...

I may have misunderstood, but I think that "display semantics" above the
Unicode level is something far beyond character handling and better dealt
with in libraries.

Layout, ligature, and font specifics are quite involved.  [I did some early
work on multi-language support for Java/Unicode display at Apple and found it
quite complex].

Again, MIT/GNU Scheme aside, one seldom ships a text editor/layout engine with
a Scheme compiler.

$0.02,
-KenD