Re: char-whitespace?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 52 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 52 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Actually surprised to here that, as with the exception of tab, I perceive
the remaining control characters to have no common semantics, other than
being used by various platforms as being being semantically equivalent to
newline; and correspondingly perceive newline not to be literal character,
but an abstraction for the end-of-line sequence as presumed by various
different platforms, which is how it's historically been treated.