Re: Encodings.

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 52 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 52 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Record based text common on some pda's cell phones, etc. aren't files
they're simple data base fields which are access through distinct api's
which have no relationship to conventional C file functions for example.

You'll like this (therefore), it's likely ideally necessary to define
a common convention by which scheme may call C and/or Java foreign
procedures ala a c-lambda function and implied related facilities for
example, through which formatted text, numerical, and/or binary objects
which may represent encoded images and/or icon values (in whatever format
they require) may be passed back and forth. (back to srfi-50 I guess)

-paul-