Re: strings draft

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

At Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:01:52 -0800 (PST), Tom Lord wrote:

> Just consider me as having walked around in the commons for a while
> carrying a big sign that says "Don't make lame implementations of
> Scheme strings."

This is not helpful, you're just insulting Bear's and Shiro's
implementations which are perfectly valid and have their own advantages
over Pika.  Scheme should be about encouraging diverse implementations.

--
Alex